Friday 17 September 2010

Lay Ho!

*Translation: How are you? (Hello)
Hello Everyone!
I apologize for the delay in updating; I've been too busy enjoying Hong Kong!
Over the course of the last few weeks since I updated:
1)I visited the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens (HKZBG for short, not that it's that short anyway). Already, this is one of my favourite places in Hong Kong! The gardens are beautiful and the animals are fascinating!
2) I visited the beaches on the south side of the island: Repulse Bay and Deepwater Bay. The beaches here are absolutely amazing! The sand, the warm water, staring out at islands on the South China Sea. Life's Good!
3)The Hong Kong Museum of history, where my roommate Andrew and I got better acquainted with the history of HK.
4)Rode the Mid-Levels escalator from bottom to top. The world's longest escalator, people actually use it as a way of commuting, sort of like the Rideau Canal, I suppose?
5)Went to the Horse Races at Happy Valley. Gambling feels better when you realize that loosing thirty Hong Kong dollars is only losing 4 Canadian.

Also, I've hiked to the Peak, twice, and it's something that a friend and I are endeavouring to do daily, if possible.
Also! I've seen a fair bit of 'Canadiana' Here, and will be making a Facebook album, so check for that.

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment